INCOG provides extensive grant writing, administration and technical assistance services to member governments in a broad array of programs. INCOG provides management assistance to local governments related to the assessment and development of financing strategies for public infrastructure improvements. These strategies include the development and submittal of applications for loans and grants to a wide variety of state and federal agencies and the development of Tax Incentive Districts and Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Districts.
Examples of INCOG Community Development activities include:
- Assisting with development of grant and loan applications for infrastructure repair and improvements, public facilities and capital equipment
- Packaging multiple funding programs in order to ensure sufficient financing for community development projects
- Administering grant programs for water, wastewater, rural fire and other community needs
- Developing capital improvement plans including asset inventories and mapping
- Facilitating strategic planning efforts to build the capacity and increase sustainability of member governments
- Serving as liaison for member governments with funding and regulatory agencies such as the Oklahoma Department of Commerce, the Oklahoma Water Resources Board, Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality, and the USDA Rural Development Administration.